Re: Debian event pre FOSDEM?

Hi Jurgen,

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 11:34:25PM +0100, Jurgen Gaeremyn wrote:
> I'm not sure I got back to you on this mail...

thanks for getting back on this!

> The Kubernetes team is having some events in the hackerspace too in the
> evening (18:30 until 23:00). Do you think you will be finished at that
> point, or would we be better setting up a second spot for them to be able to
> have their workshops too?

we'll definitly still be hacking at this time. at least some of us!

> What form factor will your debconf be in? Will you do small hackathons, or
> will it be more in a presentation style  form factor?

casual hacking, in small or big groups, or alone. from the wiki page:
"MiniDebCamp is some days of hacking on Debian and related stuff. No
orga, no overhead, we just meet somewhere nice and interesting, and hack
hack hack. "

(so no talks neither.)

>Do you already have an
> idea of the size of the group you'll be expecting?

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/be/2020/MiniDebCamp
lists currently 42 people, but only approx. 23 will already show up on
wednesday. there's quite a big chunk coming on friday only.

I also expect like 10 more people who didnt register.

> You asked for the opening hours of Antidote (the restaurant at ground floor)
> and the climbing wall.
> If you order for more than 5 persons, I would recommend (at both places) to
> announce it (unless you enjoy the place, and are not on a tight schedule)
>
> Antidote:
[opening times]

> Petit Île (climbing wall):
[opening times]

cool, those are on the bottom of the above wiki page already.

> On of us well be around regularly to help you with practical issues.

yay, thanks!

looking forward to meet you at HSBXL soon!

--
cheers,
	Holger