Re: Is running dpkg-buildpackage manually from the command line forbidden?

Hi,

Quoting Daniel Schepler (2020-01-17 17:58:09)
> > I'm also very excited about having yet another chroot backend being
> > integrated into sbuild! Though my first comment would be the same as I gave
> > those asking for a docker backend in #867176: maybe try adding that backend
> > to autopkgtest first. Then more people would profit from having that type
> > of backend available and no additional changes would be needed in sbuild
> > because sbuild can already use autopkgtest backends for package building.
> OK, I'll try to get the patch submitted either tonight or tomorrow.

thank you!! :)

> One quick question: I don't see any mention of $options->{'DISABLE_NETWORK'}
> in lib/Sbuild/ChrootAutopkgtest.pm, whereas my new lib/Sbuild/ChrootNspawn.pm
> does support it.  If I'm not missing something, then I wonder what it would
> take to add DISABLE_NETWORK support to the autopkgtest sbuild engine.

it would require some way to tell the autopkgtest backends to disable network.
To my knowledge that is not possible. So as of today, the only backend where
you can disable network for the build (not the apt install) is the "unshare"
backend.

More info here:
https://wiki.debian.org/sbuild#Disabling_network_access_for_dpkg-buildpackage

Thanks!