Re: Is running dpkg-buildpackage manually from the command line forbidden?

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 7:18 PM Ondřej Surý wrote:

> while your effort is valiant, I see a little value in it as there’s no real world use case. While your arguments are valid, you are imposing additional work on generally already overloaded maintainers with unclear goal and purpose.

Personally, I think there is value in Daniel's work on bootstrapping
Debian from other operating systems and Helmut's work on bootstrapping
Debian from existing Debian architectures. Both are important projects
and we need Debian and FLOSS in general to be more bootstrappable than
it is now, just like the Reproducible Builds folks made everything
more reproducible. At some point I'd even like to see Debian
bootstrapped from whatever comes out of the the Bootstrappable Builds
project:

https://bootstrappable.org/

--
bye,