Re: opentmpfiles & opensysusers, and its use in the Debian policy

On 1/2/20 7:08 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I really want to get rid of maintainer scripts as much as possible in
> favor of pure declarative syntax in the packages.  I think the fewer
> Debian packages that need maintainer scripts, the easier the distribution
> as a whole will be to maintain, analyze, and reason about.

+1

Which is why I have packaged those: so that there's no controversy if we
standardize on them. We could even make the decision that adduser
shouldn't be used, and that sysusers.d is the preferred way. Let's see
how it develops.

Again, I really would prefer if I'm not the only person working on the
packaging of these alternative implementations. Please anyone:
contribute the init script, dpkg triggers, add yourself as uploaders, etc.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)