Re: Appstream + Gnome

On 01/01/2020 21:34, Simon McVittie wrote:
> Again, any changes to the .desktop filename should happen upstream first.

In this case, I am also upstream. But your point is well made.

> If you're using GLib, check that g_get_prgname() (which defaults to the
> basename of the executable) is what you want it to be. When using a
> reversed-domain-name app ID but not using GApplication, passing the
> D-Bus-style reversed-domain-name to g_set_prgname() might be necessary.

This is probably the real solution, but unfortunately, my application is
Perl, not pure C, and g_set_prgname() is not in the Perl bindings for
glib (yet).

I'll add it, and confirm whether g_set_prgname() fixes the problem when
the updated bindings have filtered down to the users.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards

Jeff