Re: Why do we take so long to realise good ideas (Was: Difficult Packaging Practices)

Hi,

On Wed, 29 May 2019, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> One of the popular answers to this and some other problems is "nobody sat
> down and wrote the code". Not sure what can we do about this class of
> reasons.

Use the $300,000 on our bank accounts?

https://lists.debian.org/debian-news/2019/msg00002.html

And I heard of another $300,000 donation from Google (through Thomas Koch)
although I can't find any reference to it.

FWIW, I gave a talk on LTS and the topic of funding Debian work
at the minidebconf in Marseille (30 minutes):
http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2019/miniconf-marseille/2019-05-25/5_years_lts_funding.webm

My slides are here:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/fr/2019/Marseille?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=debian-lts-5-years-of-funding.pdf

Cheers,