Re: Idea: frontend tool for more efficient license reviewing based on tree-structured IR

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 04:00:33PM -0600, Michael Lustfield wrote:
> > ## Motivations
>
> I've had similar motivations. Since becoming a Trainee, I've found the review
> process to be rather painful. I think the slow and klunky tools we use are a
> big problem and likely contribute significantly to the burnout this team sees.

Good to hear that from another trainee :)
I'm preparing some illustrative examples for my idea and some more
design details. Will send updates to this thread soon.

> I started a similar effort when I first became a trainee. Unfortunately, a lot
> of our non-trainees seem to be burned out, which means no reviews, and no
> reviews means a lack of confidence in whatever system I'm building.

Is it published somewhere?

> I can handle basic UI design and know a couple people that are very good at it.
> I'm also able to host some infrastructure for what I have in mind. Can you
> share the source you've been working on? I'm currently turning my notes into
> something a bit more intelligible.

My old source was merely some sort of UI programming excercise.