Re: About license compatibility

On Sun, Dec 08, 2019 at 04:37:28PM +0900, JungHwan Kang wrote:
> Thank you for your detailed answer. :)
> I'm gonna ask one more question, please.
I don't see a question below.

> I was confused Ubuntu cannot have an overall license, because of the
> license of Ubuntu as below.
> "Ubuntu operates under the GNU General Public License (GPL) and all of the
> application software installed by default is free software.
> In addition, Ubuntu installs some hardware drivers that are available only
> in binary format, but such packages are clearly marked in the restricted
> component."
> (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu)
Wikipedia is not a source and "Ubuntu operates under the GNU General
Public License (GPL)" sounds like nonsense.

> But, I can get it clearly now after I know there is no mention of GPL at
> the Ubuntu's license page.
> (https://ubuntu.com/licensing)
This page is correct and says almost the same words as Debian says about
itself: "Ubuntu is a collection of thousands of computer programs and
documents [...] Each of these programs may come under a different
licence.".

--
WBR, wRAR