Re: GPU-ready (with free driver) buildd/CI/porterbox?

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 09:21:16AM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:

> I'm hoping there's no need for a GPU on a buildd.
> That would mean that  the software required an active GPU to *build*,
> which seems problematic on a number of fronts.

As far as I've understood, that makes sense for some neural network
packages -- we have free training data for e.g. speech recognition, and
want to run the training once, then distribute the resulting NN, which is
significantly smaller than the training data, and can be used without a
GPU.

It would be possible to compile these packages without a GPU, but that
would be rather slow. I'm not sure on whether certain packages use vendor
extensions that would require a particular brand of GPU -- a few
autobuilders should have CPUs with integrated GPUs that have free drivers,
but we're need a method to select these autobuilders then.

   Simon