Re: GPU-ready (with free driver) buildd/CI/porterbox?

    PICCA> Hello
    >> Debian has from time to time funded hardware for people doing
    >> important work.  I'd definitely be happy to receive a
    >> reimbursement request for such hardware from Debian developrs.
    >> For non DDs, I would want a DD involved in our GPU ecosystem
    >> (like yourself) to confirm the people doing the work have the
    >> necessary skills.  We'd ask that people write regular status
    >> reports to let us know how our money is helping Debian.  See
    >> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DPL/AskingForMoney for initial
    >> instructions on such requests.  That links to a reimbursements
    >> page with the formal process.

    PICCA> What about AMD sponsoring Debian via providing GPU to the
    PICCA> Debian community, whcih should be added to the buildd or in a
    PICCA> porterbox ?

I'm hoping there's no need for a GPU on a buildd.
That would mean that  the software required an active GPU to *build*,
which seems problematic on a number of fronts.

If AMD wants to sponsor Debian by giving us some hardware, I definitely
think we should see if we can make that work.

--Sam