Re: Debian and our frenemies of containers and userland repos

Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> writes:

> On 10/5/19 3:31 AM, Paul Wise wrote:

AFAIK sbuild has had this support for a while with --chroot-mode
autopkgtest, --autopkgtest-virt-server (lxc, lxd, or qemu), and
--autopkgtest-virt-server-opts='name of container goes here' will also
do the trick; however, it's still marked experimental.

  https://manpages.debian.org/unstable/sbuild/sbuild.1.en.html

Yes, I also find it strange that one has to use arguments named
"autopkgtest" to build on LXC, but that seems to be what the fine manual
indicates how it works.

>>> Something like docker-buildpackage ?
>>
>> AFAICT, docker-buildpackage doesn't exist but whalebuilder does.
>
> https://github.com/metux/docker-buildpackage
>

> Having something that works with git-buildpackage would be really nice,
> though. Even better if it would allow to use the k8s API to build things...

Sorry, I have no idea about the k8s API, or if plain LXC containers
count as containers for the purposes of this thread.  Sbuild arguments
are definitely supported by git-buildpackage though, so maybe the above
method will do the trick?

Cheers,
Nicholas