Re: should Debian add itself to https://python3statement.org ?

On 2019-09-12 16:22, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Sep 12, Alf Gaida <agaida@siduction.org> wrote:
>
>> It doesn't really matter. In fact python2 is dead for years, if we
>> start now to make a plan we are years to late. The timeframe is _now:.
> Dead for who? As long as somebody will be interested in maintaining
> python2 it will not be dead.

Agreed. there are already python2 forks such as:
https://github.com/naftaliharris/tauthon

It may sound funny but I don't hope any python2 stuff get back with
a new name after the python2 removal. But, it could happen if some
people is willing to support and maintain...

How should Debian react if someone submitted an ITP for python2
forks, such as the tauthon above?