Re: should Debian add itself to https://python3statement.org ?

Drew Parsons writes ("should Debian add itself to https://python3statement.org  ?"):
> https://python3statement.org/ is a site documenting the projects which
> are supporting the policy of dropping Python2 to keep Python3 only.

That statement is a *pledge* to drop support for python2 by the end of
2020.  Have we in fact made such a pledge ?  I think I may have missed
the memo that python2 would be removed from bullseye.

I did some searching and found this
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2019/07/msg00080.html
which is a sane-looking transition plan but doesn't seem to have a
timeframe and doesn't seem to contemplate removal of the actual
python2 interpreter.

FTAOD I don't have an opinion about whether bullseye *should* ship
without python2.  Obviously dropping it would not be desirable from
users' pov, but maintaining an ancient thing by ourselves would not be
desirable either.  I think I trust the Debian Python team to make that
tradeoff.

But we need to be clear what's going on and communicate early.  If
python2 is going out of bullseye then there are a lot of bugs that
should probably be marked rc fairly soon...

thanks,
Ian.