Re: Consensus Call: Git Packaging Round 1

On 8/27/19 5:52 PM, Alf Gaida wrote:
> Nicer would be "lowest common nominator" but "stone age" describe the
> process of sending patches via BTS very well. Upps, sorry, not only the
> process, but the BTS also.

Exactly. Working with the BTS is a waste of time compared to github or
gitlab workflows. I really appreciate to get bug reports and (mainly)
pull requests on my Debian work on salsa or github, as it is much faster
to discuss them and merge when ready.

> We have git, we have salsa, it seems to me that using merge requests is
> common sense and should not need any mention. Otherwise - if one is
> happy to send patches via BTS - why not, as long one don't bother me
> with. And this it a two way thing - i will not bother other people with
> patches via BTS (nicer for: if not in salsa, gitlab or github, no
> contribution, no patch)

same for me, I'm happy to send pull requests, but usually you won't see
a patch from me in the BTS.