Re: init.d scripts and unit files lexical order or {daily,weekly,monthly} cron jobs?)

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 02:49:32PM +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:

> > So we might have to invent magic comments still and/or convinve systemd
> > people that it might be a good idea to have unit files that can support
> > both immediate and on-demand start.

> It's already the case. Require the socket for on-demand start, require
> the service for immediate start.

Hmm, if we can just unconditionally start a service even if there is no
incoming connection, then we can just do that from start-stop-daemon with a
small extension. That wouldn't work for Accept=true, though.

   Simon