Re: Salsa.d.o: Please support the implementation request for a global config option to change the default for "Custom CI config path" in Gitlab

    >> Anyway, I think the best alternative for making this change less
    >> disruptive is going to be group-level definitions[0] of this kind
    >> of configurations.

    Bastian> Maybe it would be better to fix stuff to work with
    Bastian> /.gitlab-ci.yml than trying to hack around global settings?
    Bastian> Salsa is not Debian-only, we already have several upstream
    Bastian> stuff on it.

Simon has explained why  this (.gitlab-ci.yml in a debian packaging
repository) is challenging.
If you think that making things work with .gitlab-ci.yml for Debian
packaging repositories is the right answer, how would you respond to the
issues Simon has raised?

--Sam