Re: Salsa.d.o: Please support the implementation request for a global config option to change the default for "Custom CI config path" in Gitlab

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 06:01:07PM +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> This was requested in the past in
> https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/support/issues/26, and some people
> (including me) interpreted the reply as "no, but only because upstream
> doesn't have that feature". Was that interpretation wrong?

> The default of ./.gitlab.yml is problematic for Salsa *because* it's
> the upstream default, and git repositories on Salsa are most commonly
> used for Debian packaging where we try to minimize delta vs upstream
> source code:

The setting is per project, so it is available.  For now I say that
changing this globally is too disruptive.

But as I wanted to try this something:  Please describe why we _should not_
set such an option globally.  This is just helping to see if you
understand both sides.

Bastian

--
I object to intellect without discipline;  I object to power without
constructive purpose.