Re: regarding non-free firmware for wi-fi and ethernet

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 3:03 PM Abibula Aygun wrote:

> It is ok to insert in Academix GNU/Linux installation media the non free firmwares?

This depends on what is allowed by the licenses of the non-free
firmware files. I expect most of them allow redistribution though,
especially since Debian is redistributing them. Reading the licenses
is the only way to know for sure though.

> Anyway, the non-free firmwares are used by the installer an not by final installed system.

Most non-free firmware needed by the installer are also needed by the
final installed system.

--
bye,
pabs