Re: Sorce only uploads with sbuild (was: Bits from the Release Team)

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 08:18:05AM -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue 23 Jul 2019 at 03:53pm +02, Mathias Behrle wrote:
>
> > Thanks a lot, could have found myself...:(
> > TBH I didn't assume that such a bug could exist when we make source-only
> > uploads manadatory.
>
> I find it helpful to think of sbuild as a tool for producing binaries,
> and nothing else.
>
> If I'm doing a source-only upload then binaries are not relevant, so
> there's no need to involve a tool as complex as sbuild.
>
> Just `git clean -xdff && dpkg-buildpackage -S` and dput the result, or
> (easier) `dgit push-source`.

But we have to build inside a (clean) chroot for like stable
updates. Especially if you have native packages that generate
autotools foo, you want to generate that in stable, not in
unstable.

ubuntu core developer                              i speak de, en