Re: Sorce only uploads with sbuild (was: Bits from the Release Team)

Hi,

Quoting Sean Whitton (2019-07-23 17:47:45)
> > I prefer to build only once, if possible, generating both binary and source
> > .changes. Both in a clean chroot. Then I can try out my .debs and on
> > success just sign and dput. Works fine for me with pbuilder.
> ICBW but I am pretty sure that sbuild builds the source package *outside* of
> the clean chroot.

that is correct. Indeed the source package is the way how the sources are
copied into the chroot so sbuild cannot operate at all without having a source
package first. And that source package is built *outside* the chroot.

That sbuild is able to build source packages itself is either a convenience
feature or a misfeature (I'm leaning to toward the latter) because the source
package is the *input* to sbuild, not the output.

Thanks!

cheers, josch