Re: systemd services that are not equivalent to LSB init scripts

 ❦ 14 juillet 2019 12:30 -07, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org>:

> There seems to be a clear infrastructure gap for the non-systemd world
> here that's crying out for some inetd-style program that implements the
> equivalent of systemd socket activation and socket passing using the same
> protocol, so that upstreams can not care whether the software is started
> by systemd or by that inetd, and provides an easy-to-configure way for
> Debian packages to indicate this should be used if systemd isn't in
> play.

What's the point? The alternative to not using systemd socket server is
to run the daemon as usual. If an upstream decides to tie a daemon to
systemd socket server by delegating the socket creation to systemd, why
would we need to implement anything? Don't we have better things to do?
This init diversity crusade is eating our time.
--
Make sure every module hides something.