Re: Packaging Games with In-App Purchases

On Sun, 2019-07-14 at 12:37 +0700, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Let's imagine that I will package a city-building game titled
> makecity. The game is licensed under GPL(v3), but it has
> virtual currency which can be purchased by real money, that is the
> currency is "premium currency" (which is hard or
> impossible to get freely except by purchasing). However, premium
> currency and in-app purchases (IAP) is integral in the
> game, because some features and items can only be bought by premium
> currency.

How does that work, in a game that can easily be modified?  Does it
depend on a server that keeps track of currency and items, and is the
server free software?  If there's a dependency on a non-free server, I
think the game would belong in contrib (though I'm not sure).

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
friends: People who know you well, but like you anyway.