Re: The noudeb build profile and dh-only rules files

Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:
[...]
> Thanks, that's really helpful.  One of the really frustrating things
> I've found about trying to use dh is that there is a real lack of
> examples which are more complicated than:

> #!/usr/bin/make -f
> #
> # See?   dh is easy-peasy!

> %:
>         dh $@

> Sure, there are few a examples using one or two override declarations,
> but trying to use dh on a non-trivial package is.... non-obvious,
> given the current documentation.
[...]

Hello,

FWIW my personal experience with converting was that I had to stop
treating debian/rules as a makefile with a dependency tree of
targets. It is just list of dh_auto_*. If you want to change the
buildprocess, override dh_auto_build, etc.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'