Re: NEW queue and src-only uploads [Re: Bits from the Release Team: ride like the wind, Bullseye!]

Hello,

On Mon 08 Jul 2019 at 02:02PM +02, Michael Biebl wrote:

> I would go even further and drop the (manual) NEW queue for  binary-NEW
> packages.
> Is there a good reason why new binary packages need manual processing by
> the FTP team? Couldn't this be fully automated?

The three things the FTP team check[1] are worth doing again for
binary-NEW packages.  In order: there are often lots of new files in an
upload that ends up in binary-NEW so there might be licensing issues; a
new binary package means a new member of the binary package namespace;
it's good to have a second pair of eyes look at your SONAME bump etc.

[1]  https://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html right at the top

--
Sean Whitton