Re: Bits from the Release Team: ride like the wind, Bullseye!

Hello,

On Tue 09 Jul 2019 at 12:16AM +02, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> On Jul 07, Jonathan Wiltshire <jmw@debian.org> wrote:
>
>>   Q: I already did a binary upload, do I need to do a new (source-only) upload?
>>   A: Yes (preferably with other changes, not just a version bump).
> Is there any good reason why we still do not have an interface to allow
> developers to self-service request a binNMU of a package?
> It would solve this and other problems.

My impression from talking to wanna-build people is that there are
sufficiently many subtleties involved in correctly scheduling binNMUs
that costly (in terms of buildd and human time) mistakes would be
likely.

Unless the interface only let you do very simple binNMU requests of
single packages, in which case it might not be worth implementing.

--
Sean Whitton