Re: AMDGPU+OpenCL with Debian?

On 17.06.19 22:16, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
Am 17.06.19 um 21:15 schrieb PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel:
Same here... with WXX100 cards.
what about rocm packaging ?
(I'm not using an AMD graphic card but ...)

there was recently a new article added to the Debian wiki regarding this
topic about using the official AMDGPU driver. Maybe this helps solving
some questions?

https://wiki.debian.org/How%20to%20install%20official%20AMDGPU%20linux%20driver%20with%20kernel%204.19.x%20on%20Stretch%20and%20Buster

Thank you for that pointer, Carsten. I think that likely would have
helped. Still, when working on a new system, would you follow these
instructions or rather install Ubuntu? As helpful as such instructions
are, most folks don't want to be bothered. They want their graphics card
to work. When Debian describes tinkering with GPUs, then this should be
something constructive, like for flashing some new bios with extra feats
- not for the basics.

Best,

Steffen