Re: AMDGPU+OpenCL with Debian?

Hello,

> Thank you for that pointer, Carsten. I think that likely would have
> helped. Still, when working on a new system, would you follow these
> instructions or rather install Ubuntu? As helpful as such instructions
> are, most folks don't want to be bothered.

I am a "regular" Debian user - not a developer.  If Debian makes any attempt to move in the direction of the amount of hand-holding Ubuntu does, I am throwing my laptop out the window and going to live in the woods to eat berries and learn spear fishing or some shite.  I do not need a 6 month bug cycle with patches applied on top of patches.  I want the solid stable Debian system I have been using for over ten years that I have total control over and can fix with simple instructions like those provided for this AMD graphics issue.  There are two other mainstream OS's out there specifically designed for people who don't want to learn how a computer works, and there is Ubunutu for the rest.  Please leave Debian the way it is in this regard so that I can continue to have the joy of learning more about how my system works when minor issues like this come up.  Thanks for listening and thank you very much for the work you all do.

Very Best!

Jason