Re: @debian.org mail

Am 03.06.19 um 18:09 schrieb Marco d'Itri:

-all would stop some forged emails, but we do not have forged email
issues.
We do. 4% of this year's spam in my spam traps have originated as fake @debian.org. Unfortunately we even nicely relay them as we can't tell legitimate and fake Debian email apart ourselves.

My favorite ones are fake me sending real me emails with forged Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5338 headers. 'Cause that's definitely my MUA of choice. I've also been chosen for the Google foundation trustee board which - allegedly - gets me a personal grant to spend however I wish. I'm still waiting for Google's check to arrive.

Back to topic:

Mailly's sender score has ditched to 65/100 during the last spam wave in early May and it took two weeks to recover to sane ratings.

We also fan out spam like <CAN-EvJwX4MAH3+jXPu7iqJo05S9NSg19YFLd-yavVH77KNoSOA@mail.gmail.com> (msgid-search works but it's just a boring example) which - funnily - gets us spam points at Google (cause we amplify that to ~ a hundred @gmail.com recipients).

As we are white-listed at dnswl.org and a few other places such fan out

1) is very useful for spammers and
2) makes our IP reputation suffer as in the May case cited above

As I said earlier, we're not the best netizens we can be and we should not facilitate for others spamming in our name.