Re: Introducting Debian Trends: historical graphs about Debian packaging practices, and "packages smells"

Hi Andreas

> My point is simply:  As long as the released lintian does not find the
> said issue - how can I file a sensible bug report the lintian authors
> will consider an issue?  I totally welcome if you would file a more
> qualified bug report with the insight you have proven in this thread to
> make lintian authors understand the problem.

The released lintian does report the same details

$ lintian -L =classification prottest_3.4.2+dfsg-3.dsc
C: prottest source: rules-requires-root-implicitly
C: prottest source: debian-build-system debhelper
C: prottest source: source-format 3.0 (quilt)

$ lintian --version
Lintian v2.12.0~bpo9+1

FYI for prottest, you could set the locale detail LC_ALL=C.UTF-8 for the
entire debian/rules rather than only for the dh call.

Stuart

--
Stuart Prescott    http://www.nanonanonano.net/   stuart@nanonanonano.net
Debian Developer   http://www.debian.org/         stuart@debian.org