Re: Introducting Debian Trends: historical graphs about Debian packaging practices, and "packages smells"

Andreas Tille:
> Hi again,
>
> speaking about false positives:
>
>        libhmsbeagle (U)     should switch to dh. Current build system: debhelper (source version: 3.1.2+dfsg-5)
>
> I have no idea what might have triggered this on the current d/rules
> file[1].
>
> Kind regards
>
>        Andreas.
>
> [1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/libhmsbeagle/blob/master/debian/rules

Try:

  lintian  -L =classification <your-packages-here>

And you will probably see something like:

  C: <pkg> source: debian-build-system other

I.e. most likely a false-positive in lintian.  Once confirmed, please
file a bug against lintian or/and provide a MR on salsa for fixing the bug.

For reference, given that trends.d.n relies solely on a lintian (with a
handful of patches to add a few tags), the issues are most likely in
lintian or in the particular patches (for the latter, please follow up
on the relevant bugs filed by Lucas against lintian to add those tags).

Thanks,
~Niels