Re: Bits from /me: Difficulties in Deep Learning Framework Packaging

Hi Chris

On 2019/04/17 13:08, Chris Lamb wrote:
>> How many percent of the paid GSoC and Outreachy student workers
>> continue unpaid afterwards and become a DM or DD?
>>
>> My impression is that GSoC does not have a high quota,
>> and Outreachy is a complete failure.
>
> Curious that you have that perception. I don't have hard data but I
> can immediately think of at least five folks.
>
> And that's not counting myself.

Well, the Outreachy site is running, and since they have plans ahead
they clearly seem to be continuing their work. So if Adrian wants to
call it a complete failure then the burden lies on him to justify that
statement, and not on everyone else to invalidate it.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage