Re: [Prototype] DUPR 0.0c: Brand New Look and Feel

Hi Holger,

On Tue, Apr 09, 2019 at 04:23:31PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 09, 2019 at 04:17:32PM +0000, Mo Zhou wrote:
> >   https://github.com/dupr/DefaultCollection/blob/master/rover/rover.durpkg
> > The last example is the shortest yet complete one -- only 25 lines.
>
> I only looked at this one and I am disappointed: there's just git clone,
> but no verification of signed tags.

I think you got the scope of the project wrong. The idea was to throw
away a ton of Debian's quality measures (including license vetting,
availability of source, source redistribution, policy compliance,
reproducibility, ... and checking signatures). To me, dupr looks like a
way to replace "curl ... | bash".

I'm in a similar position to yours. In my other mail I wrote that I'm
too scared to use it, but I'm not disappointed. It's scratching Mo's
itch and not yours. I see it's working as intended, but it's not
scratching my itch. On the flip side, I guess that Mo has understood
that the user base of dupr will not primarily be people reading d-devel.

Most of the people that have replied to this thread are deeply involved
with Debian. It's natural that most of them prefer the things as they
are in the main archive. That shouldn't rule out other people's needs
however (especially when they're doing the work), but rather make us
look how we can collaborate on the bits that can be shared.

Helmut