Re: [Idea] Debian User Repository? (Not simply mimicing AUR)

Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> writes:

>  ❦  8 avril 2019 14:46 +10, Ben Finney <bignose@debian.org>:
>
> >> yes, it can be done, but it is a lot more work for individual
> >> packagers.
> >
> > Sure. And, on the other hand, providing an APT repository for arbitrary
> > packages of unknown copyright status is also a lot of work to expect
> > disinterested volunteers to do without motivation.
>
> Disinterested volunteers are never forced to work for Debian.

Yes, that's why I said “expect” and not “force”.

> What is the point of being so negative?

Not sure who you're addressing here, and I'm sorry if the discussion
appears negative to you.

--
 \          “When I get real bored, I like to drive downtown and get a |
  `\         great parking spot, then sit in my car and count how many |