Re: PPAs (Re: [Idea] Debian User Repository? (Not simply mimicing AUR))

Hi,

On 08/04/2019 14:18, Mo Zhou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The proposed idea is source-only-based, and is totally different
> from PPA (source+binary-based). I'm a PPA user and I don't have
> any reason to re-invent yet another PPA.
>
> The proposed idea is to take some advantages from source-based
> software distribution tools. Examples are available here:
> https://github.com/dupr/duprkit
> https://github.com/dupr/DefaultCollection

The README states a directory structure with a top-level collection
directory, but the repository currently does not include one.

Looking at:

https://github.com/dupr/DefaultCollection/blob/master/rover/rover.durpkg

I see that the name of the directory repeats quite a number of times.
The clean function needs to state 'rm -rf' explicitly, which I hope
won't lead to typos.

The changelog is buried deep inside the package an needs to be updated
whenever a version number is bumped.

-- Tzafrir