Re: Collaborative decision making with Loomio

On 15111 March 1977, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
>> You can't solve a social problem using technical means.
> I do not share your skepticism. We can benefit from imposing some structure
> and there is nothing wrong about exploring options to _improve_ the process
> while not necessarily aiming at solving social problem. What problem by the
> way?

There is no benefit if we split up discussions to just another medium.
Unless you propose to close the mailinglist, all that happens is that
there is one more place to rehash the same arguments all over.

> Saying "people are the problem" is too harsh as you are basically giving up
> already, if not worse.

No its not. Its reality.

> Disagreements are good. In unhealthy environment there may be no
> disagreements because either nobody have opinions to contribute or no guts to
> speak up. Disagreements allow to explore problems from many sides and produce
> deeper understanding.

Disagreements are good. As long as all sides are able *and* willing to
find a consensus somewhere in the middle. And stop discussion.

> I'd say let's try the tool and see if it works for us. In process of
> trying we may find some inspirations regardless of the outcome.

Feel free to setup something. Maybe it even gets us something. *I* doubt
it.

--
bye, Joerg