Re: Should the weboob package stay in Debian?

Stephan Seitz <stse+debian@fsing.rootsland.net> writes:

> On Di, Jul 24, 2018 at 11:49:55 +0100, Matthew Vernon wrote:
>>accept that they are authoritative in this regard. Therefore, you should
>>rename the offensive parts of this package.
>
> He certainly should NOT rename any parts of the package without
> upstream consent.

Why not? I can see an argument about not confusing users (though
transitional packages / a weboob-offensive could be made for the old
names / etc), but I don't think that's where you're going here.

Regards,

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."