Re: Should the weboob package stay in Debian?

On 2018-07-21 12:54 +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 01:34:19PM +1000, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
> > I refuse to judge the matter with my feelings.
>
> Rationality has a place, but so do feelings.
>
> The names in this package are offensive, plain and simple.

_To_some_people_.

I think they're funny, which I think is what was intended by
upstream. I enjoy a gratuitous boob-or-handjob mention as much as the
next 14 year old. On the other hand I don't think the homophobic
user-abuse is funny, but the authors probably do/did (apparently still do
given the change from 'fag' to 'soyboy').

Yes, it's pretty-much the definition of puerile humour. No it's not
inclusive or welcoming. But on balance I think we should err on the
side of live and let live, because this is a very diverse place, we
don't agree on much beyond the benefits of free software, and
providing useful software in Debian is a good thing for all our
downstreams to choose from.

So yes, I'd leave it in, whilst encouraging upstream to reduce the
laddishness, because that is offputting for quite a lot of people, and
is just no longer cool amongst adults. (if it ever was).

Wookey
http://wookware.org/