Re: Should the weboob package stay in Debian?

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 01:34:19PM +1000, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
> I refuse to judge the matter with my feelings.

Rationality has a place, but so do feelings.

The names in this package are offensive, plain and simple. Are other
names offensive? Maybe. Does that mean we should do nothing until we've
come up with some general "rule" as to what's allowed and what's not?

Hell no.

Note, I'm not saying we should kick weboob out. But these names are
offensive, and I think it's fair for us to tell upstream "we don't like
that, please do something about it".

Upstream might well (will probably) say "no". But that doesn't
invalidate the point.

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab