Re: Lucas Kanashiro and Athos Ribeiro salvaged my package

On Mon, 2018-04-16 at 09:00 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Fixing the package when it was removed from testing with RC bugs seems
> entirely reasonable.  What bothers me is just adding onself as
> comaintainer without any discussion, and thus making that upload not an
> NMU.
>
> By all means NMU to fix the RC bugs.  By all means reach out to the
> maintainer and ask, if you want to be comaintainer.  But even if you have
> the absolute best of intentions, a lot of people are going to react poorly
> to having someone just upload their package while adding themselves as a
> comaintainer,

Not just as a comaintainer according to https://salsa.debian.org/debian
/gjots2/commit/202ae3f586cbe3a7867b881389382d3ee75b39a9 which relegated
the previous maintainer to Uploaders.

There were half a dozen commits before that, starting as NMUs, then
adding the comaintainer, then another handful of changes culminating in
the above but all on the same day

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/gjots2/commits/master

Ian.