Re: Lucas Kanashiro and Athos Ribeiro hijack my package

On April 16, 2018 6:36:24 AM UTC, Tobias Frost <tobi@debian.org> wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 08:28:08AM +0800, Rolf Leggewie wrote:
>
>PS: I'm seeing that you move all your packages to github.
>Please do not do that, please prefer free services hosted by Debian
>over non-free ones.
>
>Thanks for considering.

Since he's been told it was fair game to hijack the package because he'd used collab-maintenance, I guess I can hardly blame him for wanting to avoid that risk.

It's easy enough to create a personal git repository on salsa, so it's there's no need to go to GitHub, but not everyone knows that yet.

Personally, I think people should be more annoyed at the people doing the hijacking than the one they did it to.

Scott K