Re: Upcoming Qt switch to OpenGL ES on arm64

On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 at 23:12:19 -0300, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> El viernes, 23 de noviembre de 2018 09:23:29 -03 Dmitry Shachnev escribió:
> > I have an embedded Intel card right now :)
>
> Same here, 10 years old machine with an embedded Intel video card. I don't
> think I can expect it to work with GLES.

Try it? The mesa-utils-extra package contains es2gears_x11 and
es2gears_wayland, which appear to be GLES equivalents of glxgears,
and work fine in a GNOME/Wayland environent on my (admittedly much more
recent) Intel integrated GPU.

(Of course, you can't expect es2gears_wayland to work in a pure X11
environment, unless you install and run weston, which has an X11 backend
that can be used to provide a Wayland display nested in an X11 window,
like a Wayland equivalent of Xephyr or Xnest.)

    smcv