Re: salsa.debian.org: merge requests and such

Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2018-11-06 at 15:00:03 +0000, Matthew Vernon wrote:
[...]
>> that at least a MR is something I should have expected as a package
>> maintainer, not just commits to master?

> Assuming that packages is under the Salsa Debian namespace, then I
> think that's what you (perhaps unknowingly :) signed up for when
> adding a repo there. See the Collab-maint sections in:

>   <https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2017/12/msg00003.html>

> and

>   <https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/Doc#Collaborative_Maintenance:_.22Debian.22_group>
[...]

Hello,

Could we document this a little bit better in the wiki? This is
completely different than on alioth, where collab-maint was suggested
for basically everything that did not need a mailinglist.
<https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/PackagingProject>.

The dda-mail made this difference pretty clear:
| If you create a project within the Debian group, you are implicitly
| welcoming all DDs to contribute directly to the project.
But the wording cannot be copied over directly to the wiki, the
style's off. And I am too stupid right now to convert it. ;-)

cu And- plan for the weekend: move everything except qa away from
        Debian/group - reas
so grateful to you.'