Re: Uncoordinated upload of the rustified librsvg

On 11/6/18 11:51 AM, Holger Levsen wrote:
> please get of your high horse.
>
> I'm not sure it is said anywhere that one has to care about ports and/or
> some pet projects.

This isn't about caring about ports, this is about being respectful to
each other.

> Also, you wrote a mail to d-d-a that rust is now running on 14 archs, so
> I was utterly surprised about your mail a few hours later blaming
> someone who uploaded a rust library.

I am blaming them for an *uncoordinated* upload.

> That said, I do understand your frustration and I do applause your work
> on "strange" ports,

I also bootstrapped the Rust compiler and helped fixing issues on armel,
mips, mipsel, mips64el. Those are "strange" ports for you? Ok.

> however, most of us are here to have Debian running
> nicely on hardware used by the 99%, and if those two objectives are
> getting in each others way, I'm not sure you have moral or practical
> grounds to demand that we priotize your 1% needs over those of the 99%.
Well, if it wasn't for me, we'd probably be shipping the 2.40-version of
librsrv in Debian Buster and Firefox would be missing on a couple of
release architectures.. But I guess the phrase "Thank you" doesn't exist
in Debian anymore.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz