Re: Confusing our users - who is supporting LTS?

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 01:02:57PM -0300, Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo wrote:
> I meant that we would say that stable is supported by the security team.
> And instead of saying that Jessie was supported by the LTS team, we
> would say supported by Freexian.

I would object to that, on the grounds that even though Freexian is
currently the only company paying people to do LTS support, we should
not encourage the idea that they have a monopoly on doing that.

If some other company decides that they are not happy with Freexian,
then they are currently able to just start their own competing project
and do things differently. This is a good thing.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not saying that Freexian is doing a bad
job, or that they should be replaced, or anything of the sorts.

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard