Re: no{thing} build profiles

* Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org> [181021 13:20]:
> On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 01:15:21PM +0000, Ivan Shmakov wrote:
> > 	Semantically, Depends: declares that the package has to be
> > 	installed to proceed.  It doesn’t specify whether the package
> > 	has to actually be used.  Which kind of invalidates the point.
>
> "Every package must specify the dependency information about other
> packages that are required for the first to work correctly." Policy 3.5.
>
> "The Depends field should be used if the depended-on package is required
> for the depending package to provide a significant amount of
> functionality." Policy 7.2.

Allowing optional behavior without requiring the installation of a much
larger body of packages is, in my mind, an _extremely_ significant
amount of functionality.  Thus having libgpgme installed without gnupg
is significant functionality.

The dependency relationships in Policy were very well thought out;
package maintainers should not inflate dependencies.

...Marvin