Re: Q: Best practice for maintainer address with "alioth"

On Mon, Oct 01, 2018 at 09:59:59AM +0200, Alex Muntada wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> > As I understand it, alioth-lists.d.n is an interim location
>
> This is correct, when asked what to do we're encouraging people
> to keep the former lists.alioth.d.o addresses.
>
> > and folks should migrate to either a lists.d.o list, a
> > tracker.d.o team or pkgname@packages.debian.org.
>
> FWIW, we're fine with maintainers/teams migrating to lists.d.o,
> tracker.d.o or packages.d.o. Just let us know if any alioth list
> isn't needed anymore ;)

There was at least some impression that the lists.d.o maintainers
weren't enthusiastic of absorbing a large number of team maintainer
addresses as lists.  This came up when I was asking if we should
migrate filesystems-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org to list.d.o, and one
of the primary maintainers on filesystems-devel thought that was
frowned upon.

Is there something official from the lists.d.o maintainers about what
their preferences should be?

Thanks,

					- Ted