Re: possible conflict over the /usr/bin/ia namespace

Hi,

On 25/09/18 14:16, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
> Conflicts: python-duckduckgo2 (<= 0.242+git20151019-1)

The upload I am currently preparing is 0.242+git20151019-2

> I'd be happy to do that upload, actually. I see the git repo used to be
> on Alioth:
>
> https://alioth-archive.debian.org/git/collab-maint/python-duckduckgo2.git.tar.xz
>
> ... but it hasn't been migrated to Salsa. Would you be okay to move this
> in the Python module's team umbrella (as opposed to simply collab-maint)?

The whole salsa thing is not something that I've been able to keep up
with. I have git repos locally and I've been moving things to salsa as
and when I do updates. You probably shouldn't trust what is on salsa
anyway unless we all start using signed commits and tags. The archive is
the only true record of packages.

I once looked at doing team maintenance on these packages but there was
enough extra policy regarding that team management that I did not have
the time to look at it. If you would like to adopt the package and move
it into the team then that's fine with me. I am also on the list of "low
nmu" maintainers. I am not interested in maintaining the package within
the team myself though.

>> And if you do upload internet-archive before python-duckduckgo2 is
>> changed there there should probably be a bug against
>> python-duckduckgo2.
>
> Sure, I'll file that anyways now.

Ok, I will close that in approx 15 minutes. (:

Thanks,
Iain.