Re: possible conflict over the /usr/bin/ia namespace

Hi,

On 25/09/18 05:35, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
> I tried to figure out what the other package does:

It uses the DuckDuckGo instant answers API to give an instant answer on
the command line as a more human friendly version of the ddg command
which is machine-readable but contains more information.

popcon reports 7 old and 0 recent.

The ia script was added in a patch and never actually present upstream:

https://sources.debian.org/src/python-duckduckgo2/0.242+git20151019-1/debian/patches/0001-add-ia-script.patch/

I was using this as part of an IRC bot but I now just call Python directly.

The easiest solution here is probably that I drop that script. It was
never accepted upstream anyway, nor have there been any updates upstream
since 2015.

Thanks,
Iain.