Re: possible conflict over the /usr/bin/ia namespace

On 2018-09-25 13:43:42, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Antoine Beaupré writes ("Re: possible conflict over the /usr/bin/ia namespace"):
>> Great! I would be happy to help with that if you need any assistance.
>> In the meantime, should I just upload IA to NEW? :)
>
> You need to coordinate the transition for the /usr/bin/ia filename.  I
> think that means your new internet-archive package should probably
>   Conflict: python-duckduckgo2 (<< version-without-ia~)
>
> That can probably be uploaded before the new python-duckduckgo2 but
> the relevant version number should be agreed.

Makes sense. How about:

Conflicts: python-duckduckgo2 (<= 0.242+git20151019-1)

This way we assume any newer upload of the package will remove ia?

I'd be happy to do that upload, actually. I see the git repo used to be
on Alioth:

https://alioth-archive.debian.org/git/collab-maint/python-duckduckgo2.git.tar.xz

... but it hasn't been migrated to Salsa. Would you be okay to move this
in the Python module's team umbrella (as opposed to simply collab-maint)?

> And if you do upload internet-archive before python-duckduckgo2 is
> changed there there should probably be a bug against
> python-duckduckgo2.

Sure, I'll file that anyways now.

> I guess that bug doesn't need to be rc ?

Yeah, that's not RC material, as long as the bug is not forgotten in the
next upload of course. :)

A.

--
Instead of worrying about what somebody else is going to do, which is
not under your control, the important thing is, what are you going to