Re: Limiting the size of installed changelogs

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 8:53 AM Boyuan Yang <byang@debian.org> wrote:
> If Debian wants to limit changelog size as well, it may be better if we keep
> similar / identical behaviour / implementation as Ubuntu.

More specifically, Ubuntu packages keep changelog entries for 10
Debian/Ubuntu package versions.

At the bottom of the changelog, there is a comment like:

# For older changelog entries, run 'apt-get changelog libnautilus-extension1a'

apt-get changelog works on Debian systems too; it requires Internet
access to fetch the complete changelog.

The changelog stripping is done by pkgstripfiles, a bash script in the
pkgbinarymanagler package. That package is not available in Debian.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha